Monday, February 22, 2010

Car Trouble Resolved


This was the best car fixing situation I've had in my life (including all the car problems my parents had, which is why car problems cause me to freak out). I took it in to a mechanic that my grandpa (who mistrusts most mechanics) recommended and explained what was going on. They agreed with me on what might be wrong and said they would check it out ($70 for all the tests).
The next day they called and said they needed to re-do the timing work that had been done in Vegas (have I mentioned that I HATE Vegas?).

They also recommended replacing some pump and doing something to the coolant system, plus they would replace a brake light that had gone out and something else I can't remember. They said it would be done the next day and would cost $1370 total. The price was big, but after remembering that the jerk in Vegas charged $1800 to do less work and to do it badly I was ok.

When I picked my car up it ran like a new car. I was so thrilled I started crying on the way home. These guys where honest and very customer friendly (they even walked me to my car which had been parked in a neighboring businesses lot, for safety). ;) I've decided to start being a better car owner and not letting things go for so long (I knew the car needed the work since August). It feels great to have the real Quincy back. I am going to celebrate by having him professionally cleaned (with a free wash gift certificate the mechanic gave me).

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Yea!!! I'm so glad your car is better! There's nothing worse than not having transportation.