Thursday, October 2, 2014

Hello, again.



Hello internet! It has been an incredibly long time since I have posted. In the name of my education I have been asked to start blogging again and so this is where I will start.

I am rededicating this blog to my news and musings about education, teaching, and school. I’ll try to be as entertaining and interesting as possible. 

For those of you who are not already acquainted with me let me give you a brief glimpse at who I am. My name is Liz. I have been involved in teaching since graduating with a BS in English in 2006. I have taught in Taiwan, China, and Orange County, California. I have taught at public and private schools as both a full time teacher and a sub. I have experience with elementary, ESL, and high school English teaching. I am currently working on a single subject teaching credential and a Masters in teacher leadership at National University and substitute teaching and tutoring for work. 

Each year in elementary school I wanted to grow up to be a teacher of the grade I’d just finished. Despite my young desires I didn’t pursue teaching as a bachelor’s degree. However I was influenced by a friend to apply to teach at a private English school in Taiwan after graduation and I loved the experience.  

Teaching is a profession that lets its practitioners be creative, influential, academic, and successful. I am so excited to be making this field my future in a definite way and I can’t wait to put into practice all of the great things I am learning.

No comments: