Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Edward?

For those who don't know I teach at a private school that goes from pre-school through high school. I get to know, or at least see, most of the older students during breaks, before and after school, and at lunch. In the last few weeks I've noticed a strange new student. He is tall and thin with nice, wavy, longish, brown hair. He is remarkably pale and rarely speaks to the other students. His clothes are nicer then most of the students; he wears button down shirts with fancy shoes.
I know what you are thinking (at least, I do if you are a girl who reads silly books). This kid is freakishly like Edward Cullen. I'm actually surprised that none of the girls at our school seem to be thronging him, especially since many of them have t-shirts with Robert Pattinson, and turn pink and/or scream when anything Twilight-esque is mentioned.
The cherry on top of this story, though, is that today on the way to school my mom (who teaches next door to me) asked if I had noticed the strange new high schooler. She described him briefly, and I said, "The one who is like Edward Cullen?" She burst out laughing and said that was just what she had thought about him too! *Chuckles*
So, to sum up, I may have a real life vampire at my school, or he could just be a really strange 16 year old. I'll let you know if I ever discover the truth.

3 comments:

M. Gordon said...

"Does this craving ever go away?"

Christina Allen said...

Can't say I've read the books, but that's just awesome anyway! I bet if you suggested the similarities to a few of his female classmates, you could have a dramatic effect on his popularity!

Jo Ashline said...

Okay
Point him out to me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and keep up the blogging! I'm interested!