Thursday, June 4, 2009

Long Lost Blogger

I am the worst blogger in the world! Its been more then 5 months! Wow! I finally decided to revisit the good old blog after I googled myself and saw Christmas pictures pop up from this blog. Sad!
There are two exciting things I want to talk about here. First is a new band I just discovered. Tinted Windows is a "power pop" band with members from bands as diverse as Fountains of Wayne, Cheap Trick, Smashing Pumpkins, and Hanson. I've only heard a few of their songs so far, but I like what I've heard pretty well. I'm going to download their whole album this weekend. I think checking them out will be well worth your time.
The second exciting thing I want to blog about is the bridal shower I threw for my little brothers fiance, Roxy. Last night I had 15 or so relatives and one of Roxy's friends over for the shower. We had super yummy hummus (thanks Laura), great guacamole (thanks Jen) and cheesy, fun games (all me). I also have to dish about the fabulous cake balls Ami made. My sister doesn't bake often, but when she does, look out. These seemingly innocent balls are addictive and insanely good. Most of the gifts were tame but fun, like a crock-pot and lovely dishes. Laura gave her a sexy leopard print teddy (ohh lala), and Roxy blushed like crazy. She was bold enough to pose for pictures with it, but her face got even redder then. My mom, sister, and I gave her a homemade rag quilt. We did it in their wedding colors (mango and cranberry, not orange and red) and we even put their hand prints on it. I had so much fun planning and having this shower. I hope I get to plan many more. (so, if any of you reading this are in need of a bridal shower in California, let me know *wink*)

2 comments:

Roxy said...

It was such a fun shower! Thanks again for such a great time!!

M. Gordon said...

Welcome back. Seriously, the blogging world missed you ;)