Monday, October 12, 2009

My Boring Life

In case any of you were wondering: I lead a pretty boring life. As a consequence of my boring life I rarely have anything to blog about. However, my sister in law Roxy and my brother Larry called me last week to let me know that I needed to update this thing. So, here I am updating my blog, it will be boring but it just might manage to be funny. I have recently started my second year of teaching at Eldorado/Emerson. I love the strange assortment of people I work with. At lunch a week or so ago, one of my co-workers, who knows that I am LDS, asked what Mormons think about heaven and hell, and specifically he wanted to know if he was going to hell. Yeah, that’s the kind of conversations we have in the staff room. At first I laughed and teased him about doing evil deeds, but then I got serious and told him about spirit prison, and the degrees of glory. It was a pretty neat discussion. :)

My students this year are super cute (yes, I know there was no segue here, deal with it). I only have 7 of them (just two boys) and they had my mom as a teacher last year so they are relatively well behaved and good at doing school work. This class is very different from my class last year, and the biggest difference is that they are very affectionate. They are regularly giving me hugs and trying to hold my hand and telling me that the think I'm a great teacher. Everyday of school is a real boost to my self confidence.

(Izzy and Mikayla hugging me, and Emily and Makayla mugging for the camera.)

There really isn't much to tell about my social life. The most exciting thing that has happened to me outside of work in a while is that I renewed my annual pass at Disneyland. I still haven't seen the new Halloween stuff, and I can't wait to see the fireworks and ghost themed Space Mountain. Maybe I'll blog about it when I finally go. Maybe.

4 comments:

Benjamin L. Hull said...

Yay for blog update! I lead a pretty boring life as well. I might be in Japan right now, but I am in this teeny tiny town, and there really isn't much to do here but go on walks and bicycle rides.

Chris and Marissa said...

I think you kids are adorable. And I like the positive comment about your mom... no one could pick it out. Very strategically placed. I hope we get to come visit for Christmas, but I don't know if the money will be there.

Roxy said...

THANK YOU for the delightful blog update. We are quite thrilled for your [not-boring] life. You are so much FUN! :) Hopefully we will talk to you soon! We're trying to come down for New Years. Maybe Chris and Marissa should come with us... and we should all sleep on the streets for the Rose Parade. That would be cool. Anyway, we love you. Thanks for blogging.

Christina Allen said...

I'm sure other people (myself included) think your life is more interesting than you think it is. You could have blogged about the mystery fruit! I would have read that!

Your school sounds AWESOME. I would have killed to be in a class of 7 that gets to write operas and have parades. I'm seriously considering homeschooling my daughter, the state of public school has gotten so bad.